Website Sunny Path Counseling, PLLC
Child & Teen Counseling in Johnson City & Bristol, TN.
***Please read this entire description before applying***
Licensed Child/Family Therapist
Sunny Path Counseling is a growing private practice with a focus on serving and supporting children, teens, young adults, and families from a Christian perspective. We are currently seeking a fully licensed (license-eligible will be considered) mental health therapist to provide mental health services in an outpatient setting in our Johnson City and Bristol locations.
This role is for an outpatient, licensed mental health professional that holds a passion and experience serving children and young adults in the counseling setting. This role also requires the individual be a team player, enthusiastic to learn and serve clients, and can also work independently.
- Delivery of mental health counseling services to children, teens and young adults.
- Screenings and diagnostic evaluations using DSM-V.
- Intakes, and assessments in order to assist clients with treatment referral and monitoring.
- Provide crisis intervention and support.
- Use Electronic Health Records System to schedule clients and complete progress notes.
- Formulation and Implementation of Treatment Plans and Therapeutic Interventions of children, teens, and families.
- Interact effectively at case conferences with team of clinicians and interns for continuity of care in assessing social, emotional, and economic causes of problem behavior, and mental or emotional disorders.
- Perform a variety of direct clinical, diagnostic treatment, and outreach services.
- Participates in the establishment or revision of policies, guidelines, goals, and objectives.
- Participates in community outreach and public relations activities.
- Prepare clinical assessments and clinical notes of clients to identify causes of problems and to determine the advisability of appropriate counseling.
- Provides effective counseling and accurate progress notes to ensure the reliability and validity of treatment implemented.
- Provide Telehealth Services to Teens when needed.
- Connect clients with appropriate services and supports, as needed.
- Document all meetings and notes pertaining to the client’s plans.
- 1+ year of experience working with children, teens, or young adults. – (Required)
- Master’s Degree – (Required)
- Paneled with Insurance Providers – (Preferred)
- Driver’s License – (Required)
- Flexible Schedule
Must actively hold one of the following licenses:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC/MHSP)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Knowledge of current theories, principles, and practices for services to child and adolescent clients with serious behavioral health care symptoms and diagnosis.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of effective supervision; work planning; training; and community behavioral consultation.
- Psychological diagnostic methods and terminology; clinical standards of practice and licensure requirements.
- Principles and practice of direct client service delivery.
- Principles of social needs, problems, attitudes and behavioral patterns; applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations
- Strong psychosocial assessment skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with professionals and clients/families.
- Ability to make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Self-motivating, able to work independently.
- Professional acumen.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in the English language.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with a variety of individuals, teams, and systems.
- Record data neatly, coherently, accurately, and objectively.
- Ability to proficiently work with computers and electronic records.
- Ability and strength to sit, bend, and reach during an 8 hour day.
- Ability to work with young children that require sitting on the floor.
- Able to lift a minimum of 10 pounds.
- Sensory acuity sufficient to evaluate, treat, and monitor client needs and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to write legibly, document, and communicate.
- The noise level may vary between low and mild.
- Commission Split Model, expected to hold a weekly caseload of 20-25 clients.
- Submit your resume and a cover letter discussing your approach to therapy. At this time, please no phone calls.